Monday, October 31, 2011

Who says you are not enough?!

I remember reading this article a couple of years ago before I had the twins, when life was full of bon bons and leisure time. (NOT!!!) I remember thinking even then how dumb this woman's question was and how could any semi-intelligent person even ask this about being a mother. Someone recently posted it on Facebook, reminding me if it's existence. I thought it was written so well. It really laid out the craziness and the mental exhaustion that being a Mom can be. Now of course, don't get me wrong. I love being a mom. I love my amazing boys. I love that I get to contribute to a part of who they become, thus contributing to society as a whole in my opinion, because I am raising amazing kids who will do great things in the world if I do say so myself. ;) But seriously, I personally think all parents should feel this way about your kids or what is it really all for? I mean if it wasn't, at least in part, to make our kids exceptional contributors then what would they be for? Just for our personal amusement and then when they turn 18, we can be done being amused and expect that they function as respectful, loving adults. Although there are exceptions of kids who had little to no parenting as a child and became incredible people it is much less likely then a child whose parents were present and taught them to kick ass each and every day. So when you put some perspective on it like this I don't see how anyone could belittle the job of being a mother. I could be raising the man who cure cancer or aids or invents a 100% clean and sustainable power source or maybe, just maybe he will be the worlds greatest husband and father. You could be too!! Whitney was so right. The children really are our future! ;) So when someone makes me feel like I am less then enough because I'm 'just' a mom and I'm too tired for nights out, or to keep my house spotless I just think to myself "hopefully my son invents a pill that fixes your medical disorder of "judgmental bitchiness" cause I will get your ass in that clinical trail asap!! Here is a link to the Washington Post article in case it's easier to read. Even when we doubt our abilities, we have to always remember that our hearts are in the right place and no one can take that away from us unless we let them. Mom's Kick Butt!!! Cheers to my fellow Moms and the incredible people who support us in the hardest job on earth!!

1 comment:

  1. So, so true Autumn. Thanks for posting. I have a girl and only two boys so I can only imagine the adventures of having 4, ALL boys. You're right, all that matters are the good intentions in our heart not the narrow minded judgmental opinions of people who suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. :P
    -Kalurah

    ReplyDelete