Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What's with boys and toy guns?

You know...............When they can turn even to most nonviolent, beautiful thing into a gun!!! I am so over toys guns!! In fact I have always hated them. When I had my first child I was absolutely determent to never let him have a toys gun of any kind. Funny thing about boys, they find a way to make ever last damn thing a freakin' gun!! Cohen would hold toy drills, Lego's, and even sippy cups up and pretend to shoot them. I was fighting a loosing battle every day! It didn't change with the other 3 coming along either. Bodhi says all of 10 word. You can bet "gun" was one of the first. So the other day when I was making this coat wrack to put up near the front door wouldn't you guess Wyatt picked up right up and turned it over pointing it like it was some kind of automatic weapon.
I eventually gave in on having guns. Mr Drey and I have NEVER purchase a single toy gun for our boys but EVERYONE else does. It seems to be the most popular gift the receive. After all it is the thing they want more then any other toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment