Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You're to young for hickies!!!

My five year old had been playing in our play room in the basement when he came running up the stairs yelling in a terrified voice "Mom, what is wrong with my arm? What happened to it?" I looked down to find a giant bright reddish/pinkish mark on his arm and I wont lie. My initial reaction was 'Oh, God, what the hell is that?! That looks horrible and serious!' Just before panicking out loud I noticed that this mark was in perfect proximity to his mouth and in an oval shape. I asked him if he had possible been sucking on his arm. Guilt immediately came over his face but his mouth insisted he had not. After I explained to him that if he had not been sucking on his arm then this mark looked serious enough to illicit a trip to the hospital. So out came the truth. "OK, ok. I lied. I did it. I was just really hungry and my arm was so tasty!!" I don't think he connected the sucking on his arm as the reason he had the self inflicted hickey until I asked him. Why he choice to lie at that point only he knows. He does so love to tell a tall tale on occasion. After explaining this is not good for his skin I don't think he will be doing it again until it's inflicted by a girl in his teen years. ;) Just had to share this gilt ridden photo with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment