Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sly Delegation

A day or two ago I was went to sit down on the sofa and possibly read the paper for 5 minutes while Bodhi and Eli napped. As soon as I sat down I realized now that I was not in constant motion it felt quite chilly in my living room and so as I often do I thought out loud "man it's pretty chilly in here!" Cohen spoke up and said "Wyatt, could you get Mommy a blanket?" Sweet right? and it was sweet, but it was something else. Something smart and tricky and even slightly impressive (OK, I might be easily impressed.) It occurred to me that Cohen had not only been thoughtful about his mother's comfort but he was smart enough to ask Wyatt to do it, essentially doing the good deed, getting the credit and he never even had to lift a finger! If you know my son, you know he has no ill intentions. It's just not in him. But who said being an opportunist is ill intent? I just call it Sly delegation. The fact that I not only picked up on this but am sharing it with you all may mean I need to get out of this house more. I'm to tired, of course, to leave but I probably should just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment