Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What I beleive to be true

You know how Oprah always said "What I know for sure...."? I remember thinking when I heard that there just wasn't much that any of us can really know for sure, right? I feel like in the last 12 years of my "adult" life that what I thought I knew, or believed or perceived has changed over and over. I think this is part of growing and trying to remain open minded. But at this time, about 10 or so days before my birthday, I want my kids to know what I believe to be true, important, and unimportant all at once. These are all just my perceptions mixed with my goofy humor. So here it goes..........

What I believe to be true is that life is fast, sometime difficult, sometimes depressing, but mostly rewarding. I believe that being a parent is the most mentally exhausting thing a person will ever do. I believe mistakes are inevitable, but it is never to late to apologizes when we make them. I believe that kids grow up WAY to fast and that for some reason so many parents seem to want to encourage this pace. Enjoy being a kid because like life, if you blink it will be over. I believe in free will. That all actions have consequences and some can follow you for the rest of your life, but 99% are complete reversible so be careful in your choices but don't let fear keep you from taking risks. I believe in humor. Laughter really is the best medicine. I believe in monogamy, and that intimacy should be between two completely committed people who love each other deeply. I realize this is an old fashion idea for most but I believe it safest for heart, mind and body. I believe in romance. I believe in never going to bed when your mad at someone and never allowing them to go to bed when they are mad at you. I believe dancing in your living room to good loud rock music can change your whole perspective. It's like vitamin D for the ears and sole!! I believe every child should go to bed in a warm home, with a full tummy feeling safe and loved no matter where in this great big world they were born!! I believe in possibility even though I sometime forget to believe in my own. I believe that great teachers save kids lives and deserve more of our appreciation, credit, and MONEY!!! I believe every rose does indeed have it's thorn, and every day has it's dawn but I'm not sure I believe that every cowboy sings a sad sad song.I believe dogs are better then cats (sorry to all my cat friends.) I believe football is better the baseball, summer, better then winter, but snow is better then rain. I believe it is very likely that I will always suck at proper punctuation, grammar and spelling but that most of my friends will love me despite this and read my weird blog post regardless. I believe that judging others is the greatest sin we can commit but it is also the easiest trap to fall into. I believe in the potential of my children. I believe I found true love, even when he leaves his dirty laundry on the bathroom floor or his used floss in the sofa table (that one really makes me crazy!! ;) I believe in an open heart, a giving spirit, and that we as humans have to stop looking at the worlds population like an accountant for a large corporation looks at employees. People are not numbers, and if you were looking at someone you knew, that you loved right in the face that needed your help in some small way could you really throw them out in the cold, hungry and with a armed gunman running around. Because that's what it feels like so many of us are doing. It's just easier because you don't have to look that human being in the face to tell them you sorry but you just don't care that much. I believe we can be better, we want to be better and we either will be or we wont be around much longer.

I realize this is all just the rants of a housewife with wicked insomnia, a wild imagination, and dreams of her children having a fulfilling, happy life but that sure wont shut me up any time soon!! Agree or not, I hope it will make you think about what is important to you. And this song has literally nothing to do with my above rants but I believe it to be awesome!!!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment